St Lucia Travel By Air or Sea
Your St Lucia travel plans should take into consideration a number of factors. You should know that you can get to St Lucia by Air or by Sea.
- First you need to know your passport and visa requirements. In general visitors from most European, North American and Commonwealth countries do not require visas. Of course Caricom nationals can travel with any National ID card.
- Which form of transport best suits you. You can travel to St Lucia by Air or Sea.
- Your main reason for your trip - There is a lot to do in St Lucia
- Your budget
- Length of stay
- The number of persons accompanying you.
Travelling by air is facilitated by our two St Lucia Airports:
- The Hewonorra International airprt in Vieux Fort in the South. Most international flights will be coming there.
- The George F l Charles Airport also known as The Vigie Airport located in the north only 5 minutes drive from the capital city Castries. This airport accommodates regional flights as well as private jets.
St Lucia is well serviced by airlines from all major European and North American cities. From daily to weekly flights you can schedule your trip conveniently. If no direct flights are available just get to one of the main Cities or any other Caribbean destination and your are all set.
Travelling by air from any other Caribbean country is easily facilitated by regional airlines:
- Caribbean Airways based in Trinidad and Tobago
- LIAT (Leeward Islands Air Transport) based in Antigua
- Air Caribes based in Martinque
Our airports and seaports are managed by a dedicated authority called the St Lucia Air and Seaports Authority or SLASPA.
If you are a sea lover and more adventurous than others, St Lucia boasts some of the best-serviced and naturally protected ports in the Caribbean. With all these ports , bays and coves all around this island gem, you can anchor all around. Here are the main yachting and cruise ports:
- The Castries Port - Northwest
- The Rodny Bay Marina - Northwest
- The Marigot Marina - Northwest
- The Soufriere Port - West
- The Vieux Fort Port - South
Other small ports on the East Coast of the island are used by our fishermen. These are more dangerous and challenging because of the Atlantic Ocean.
If you are a sea lover and more adventurous than others, St Lucia boasts some of the best-serviced and naturally protected ports in the Caribbean to choose from. With all these ports , bays and coves all around this island gem, you can anchor all around. Here are the main yachting and cruise ports
Design Your Own Travel Pakage
If you have the time and energy and believe in yourself you can design your own St Lucia Travel plans by doing some research. We are here to help you in doing just that. Contact Us